Tuesday, June 1, 2010

On hold

I don't know about you and what is going on in your house, in your life, in your family, in your church right now.  In our house, we are "on hold".  Being on hold isn't something many of us like too much.  Nothing is more annoying than the louder-than-it-needs-to-be music you listen to while waiting on hold for your caller to pick up!  Right now, it seems to me like that louder-than- it-needs-to-be music is accompanying my daily routine.  We are waiting on so many answers to prayer - and they are life-changing answers - jobs, health issues, aging parent issues - I feel like I'm being squeezed about as hard as I can be.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Remember a time in your own life when you were in the vise grip?  I know I've been here before - it seems kind of familiar!  I am asking the Lord for big answers - and I assume He wants me to pray when I am awakened at 3 a.m. and can't get back to sleep.  I've always prayed, "Lord, wake me up and get my attention when I need to pray.  I don't want to miss anything."  According to scripture, my name is engraved on the palm of His hand.  He knows how many hairs are on my head.  His ear is attentive to my cry.  And that's just the beginning.  How could I even think that this same God doesn't know or care what is going on in my life?  He is ever so faithful - so I will just sit and wait a little longer, trusting Him and His perfect timing. 

Thanks for letting me "whine" - it is so much nicer to do in print than in person!  Bless your day!

1 comment:

  1. Know exactly how you feel and you are doing exactly the right thing, remembering how faithful HE is, but encouraging to know that others have been there, done that! I started reading your blog because our lives were so very similar, it touched something in me and always glad to read your thoughts.

    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete