Thursday, May 13, 2010

My darlings

Mimi and Poppy are home from a weeklong vacation with our daughters, sons-in-law, and 5 grandchildren. Boy, are we tired! But what great fun we had. There is nothing like waking up in the morning to your own fan club yelling, "Mimi! Poppy!", and all you did was get out of bed!



Mimi and Poppy went to Savannah for a day trip mid week.  I always marvel at how much I missed seeing on the last trip!  Savannah is a charm-filled, romantic city filled with history, architectural delights, gorgeous beds of flowers - oh, and good food!  We ate lunch at Mrs. Wilke's Boading House.  We pulled up to see a line had already begun an hour before lunch was to start being served.  As Poppy held our place in line, I went to sit on a concrete bench and wait.  The next 45 minutes passed so quickly - my bench partner turned out to be a blogger and we soon discovered we followed some of the same blogs.  As it turns out, I had followed her blog through another blogger.  Small world!  I gained a new friend in the blogging world and in person during that Savannah trip!  Kim is a talented decorator, photographer, and blogger.  Here is a link to her pictures of Savannah - they are breathtaking and could easily be used in a Chamber of Commerce pamphlet to entice visitors to Savannah!  Hope you enjoy her site!    Daisy Cottage











2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhh look at those babies!!!!!
    They are precious! Oh my goodness, they are cute cute cute!

    What a beautiful family you have Vicki!

    And thank you for your kind words.... you are my friend indeed.


    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim! We're pretty partial to them!

    Enjoying your blog - and I'm challenged to one of these days making Gabby, our dog, a star on my blog! :-)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete