Thursday, February 25, 2010

Date night with my honey

My sweet man of 34 years and I had a date night tonight. It was a belated Valentine's Day/celebration of the first full paycheck in two years dinner! Cork and Cleaver restaurant is one of our favorite spots for a celebration meal - the food is wonderful, the atmosphere quiet and cozy. When we got in the car, a single rose and card awaited me. My eyes filled with tears at these sweet gestures from my partner, my best friend, the one whom I journey through life with, for better or worse. We have seen more "worse" than "better" in the past several years. Hence one reason for celebration as we are trending towards "better" days.

My hubby has learned well from the marriage of his parents. They have the kind of marriage that people admire. On Valentine's Day, my mother-in-law spelled "I love you" in her hubby's Cheerios that morning. They will soon celebrate 60 years of marriage. They have demonstrated much to me and others around them about the institution of marriage and serving one another.

It is my prayer that this demonstration of love for one another will be a blessing passed on to our children, their children and grandchildren, throughout the generations.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Vicki,

    Welcome home! I am so glad that you are home safe and sound... and I am also SO glad that we met in Savannah!

    Thank you for visiting me over at my blog too and for your kind words. YOU, my friend, are a beautiful writer! I've so enjoyed reading your entries today. What a precious family you have.

    I've added your blog to my Blog Candy page too.

    xoxoxo


    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete