Thursday, January 14, 2010

Slow learner!

I never thought I was a slow learner! If you asked me, I would tell you I learn new things pretty quickly and can usually adapt to something new easily. However, today the Lord smacked me with something I have known forever but lately have ignored! There is a relationship I am and have been praying about for a long time. You know how the prayer goes - Lord, so-and-so needs your touch, he needs you to change him...Lord, you know how he is...Can you just make him easier for me to deal with, Lord...

The Lord reminded me that I am the one who needs the change. My prayer changed today, Lord, please change me. I am unable to love him like you do. Please help me to see him through your eyes and be able to have a relationship with him. I know my relationship with him isn't pleasing to you, Lord. I need you to help me, Lord, to love him.

Amazing thing - progress was made today. I am not foolish enough to think that I won't take some steps backward. My way is the easy way out, for the Lord to zap him and change him. But that isn't necessarily how He works. The Lord has a lot of work to do in ME and MY HEART. I am humbled to know that He has much change for me, yet I am open and ready for Him to make me the person He has in mind. I long to be that person in step with Him so my heart can be undivided and wholly His! Praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment