Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Waiting on the Lord

Some days it seems that everywhere I turn, I am waiting. Especially at this time of year, there is a wait to check out at the grocery store. There is a wait to check out at Wal-Mart. There is a wait to get food at Chick-fil-A. Our younger daughter and son-in-law are waiting on a job. Our older daughter and son-in-law are waiting for improvement in their income and work schedules. Of course, we are also waiting for a new little granddaughter's entrance into the world. And I am waiting on a response to an email about a family matter.

I wonder how Mary felt as she waited on the birth of her son, the Saviour of the world. Any mother pregnant with child thinks the gestation period is a long time. But what about Mary? How long her days must have felt while anticipating the birth of this baby born to redeem the souls of men. Scripture tells us that she "pondered" things in her heart. No doubt she was a remarkable young woman to have been chosen by God to deliver His son. But the wisdom she must have had to be so young and yet so capable to handle the responsibility.

Perhaps instead of complaining about the waiting I am doing, maybe I should look for the Lord in what I am waiting on. The time might go faster and my character be transformed.

No comments:

Post a Comment